Temporary Trip & Fuel Permits

Permits Canada offers temporary trip and fuel permits for all Canadian provinces and the continental United States. Permits are issued when you want to travel in a province or state and you do not have annual IFTA or IRP registrations. Trip and fuel permits can also be issued separately. Turnaround is quick and our team is very experienced with over 30 years in the business.

More information

Vehicles that are registered (RGVW) for over 11 000 kg (24000 lbs) or have 3 or more axles are required to obtain a temporary trip and fuel permit. Prices for temporary trip and fuel permits vary depending on the mileage you do in each province, gross vehicle weight, type of configuration, loaded or not loaded, etc.

Turnaround time to obtain a temporary trip and fuel permit vary depending on where you want to go but usually can be issued the same day. To do so, simply fill out the trip and fuel application from Permits Canada (you can find on this page) and return it to us at the following address: permits@permitscanada.com.

Also, Permits Canada is not responsible for issuing IFTA and IRP (they are issued by the local DMV and provincial finance authorities). Our services include temporary trip and fuel permits, oversize and overweight permits, fuel tax reporting and permanent registration (NIR, NEQ, CVOR, DOT, UCR, HUT and more).

Trip & Fuel Permit Online Form

Printable version

"*" indicates required fields

1Contact information
6Payment details